The aim of this blog site is to:
- keep members of Women’s International League for Peace and Freedom (ACT) informed about its local activities
- provide a forum for discussion and to contribute ideas
- share information about coming events
WILPF(ACT) is a Branch of the Australian Section of the Women’s International League for Peace and Freedom (WILPF), which has sought continuously through and between wars to establish conditions for a just and durable peace.
WILPF is an international Non Governmental Organization (NGO) with national sections, covering all continents with an international secretariat based in Geneva, and a New York office focused on the work of the United Nations.
Since its establishment in 1915, WILPF has brought together women from around the world who are united in working for peace by non-violent means, promoting political, economic and social justice for all.
What WILPF does:
- Lobbies governments on international, national and local levels
- Connects communities with the international scene, through national sections
- Participates in, collaborates and networks with international institutions and global movements
- Develops reference, education and action tools through websites, conferences, seminars and publications
- Monitors and contributes to the work of the UN
- Ensures a gender perspective Do you want to get involved?